- Afternoon tea at The Rubens at the Palace Hotel in London
- Savor a traditional English tea at the hotel overlooking the Royal Mews of Buckingham Palace
- Enjoy delicious finger sandwiches and cakes in the elegant Palace Lounge
- Savor bite-size savory sandwiches, fresh scones with clotted cream, and delicate pastries
- Select from a range of choice, freshly brewed teas to complement your sandwiches and cakes
- Ideal for first-time visitors to London and as a romantic occasion for couples
- Vegetarian and children's teas available
Departure & Return
Departure Point: The Rubens at the Palace, London Address: 39 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0PS Directions: Nearest Station : Victoria (Victoria, Circle, District Lines and National Rail)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Make your way into the handsome 4-star hotel and admire the plush surroundings as you take your seat in the elegant Palace Lounge.
Then, simply relax and soak up the genteel atmosphere as you enjoy a traditional English afternoon tea, produced by the team at the hotel’s pastry kitchen. This highly skilled group of chefs are masters at making the most exquisite and freshest cakes and pastries, so you're in for a treat.
Enjoy an enticing selection of mouth-watering finger sandwiches and sweet cakes, accompanied by your choice from the range of sophisticated, freshly brewed teas, and all served at your table.
While the afternoon tea menu may vary, expect to savor such delights as freshly baked, fluffy scones with clotted cream, and sweet treats such as delectable carrot cupcakes and marshmallows. See the Itinerary below for a sample menu.
For younger guests, there’s the option of a Little Prince and Princess Tea (for children aged from five to 12), made up of tasty bite-size sandwiches, freshly baked scones and selected pastries accompanied by a tea, milkshake, hot chocolate or soda.
Your afternoon tea experience concludes when you finish your tea.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Afternoon Tea is booked at 3:00 pm, please arrive at the hotel 15 minutes prior
- Allergies / Dietary Restrictions: Please inform us of any special requests with 48 hours-notice. Please note that due to the nature of their business and offering the hotel cannot guarantee 100% allergen or intolerant free recipes/dishes.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Menus listed are samples only and may vary on the day.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Evan Evans Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
See all safety measures taken by Afternoon Tea at The Rubens at the Palace with Optional Champagne upgrade.