Explore our promoted experiences
- Guided sightseeing tour of Luang Prabang
- Visit Buddhist temples in the UNESCO-listed city
- Eat a set lunch at a local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Next is the smaller but no-less beautiful Wat Aham. Admire the ornate wall, two ancient stupas, and old banyan trees that are believed to harbor guardian spirits.
Continue on to Wat Mai (officially Wat Mai Suwannaphumaham), the largest and most richly decorated of all the temples in Luang Prabang. Then marvel at the iconic Wat Xieng Thong, a so-called Temple of the Golden City named for its decorative walls adorned with delicate gold patterns. After a look at this landmark, it's time for lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, enter the compound of the Royal Palace, where a museum houses important cultural treasures of Laos. The famed Pha Bang Buddha image is enshrined here, as well as a collection of personal artifacts belonging to the royal family, including the royal throne of the Lan Xang Kingdom.
Moving onward, your guide points out Wat Sene, a restored temple that is home to two long boats used in the annual boat racing festival on the Mekong River. Pass by a local H'mong market where local handicrafts are sold before your final stop of the day at Mt. Phousi.
If you have the energy, climb the steep steps to the town's highest point at Sacred Mountain, the geographical and spiritual center of Luang Prabang. Snap photos of the golden stupa of Chomsi temple at the summit, and soak up the sunset view — it's worth it. After you descend, your driver will deliver you back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Luang Prabang.
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kuang Si, along the Ou and Nam Khan River, Nong Kiau and Luang Prabang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- The protection of the country’s flora and fauna is of immense importance for us. We will not pursue any activities for guests that are not in line with our animal, wildlife and environment protection principles.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff