3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Wake with the sun and partake in one of Luang Prabang's most unique and beautiful ceremonies. Follow your friendly guide and line the streets as local monks studying at wats wander on foot collecting alms. Tak Bat--known as almsgiving--is an essential Luang Prabang experience. Visitors can watch monks in brilliant orange robes carry large empty drums as they make their way from one of the 80 Buddhist temples through the winding roads of this iconic city.
- Morning Almsgiving and Market Tour in Luang Prabang
- Rise with the sun and watch this beautiful religious ritual
- Gain insight from your professional guide on local traditions
- Explore the city on foot
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Free pick up and drop off at hotel in Luang Prabang
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bravo Indochina Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Morning Almsgiving and Market Tour in Luang Prabang
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursMarketsWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingLuang PrabangFood Tours - VientianeMarkets - VientianeWalking Tours - VientianeHalf-day Tours - VientianeFood Tours - Chiang RaiMarkets - Chiang RaiWalking Tours - Chiang RaiHalf-day Tours - Chiang RaiFood Tours - Chiang MaiMarkets - Chiang MaiWalking Tours - Chiang MaiHalf-day Tours - Chiang MaiCategory