- Independent Mount Rigi tour from Lucerne
- Create your own sightseeing schedule to experience the Swiss Alps at a pace that suits you
- Enjoy a round-trip Lake Lucerne cruise from Lucerne to your mountain destinations
- Take the cogwheel train up Rigi Kulm for panoramic views of the Swiss Plateau
- Ride an aerial cable car from Rigi Kaltbad to the beautiful town of Weggis
- Includes pre-booked tickets and detailed timetables for easy planning
- Choose a half-day or full-day tour for more time at the Mount Rigi summit
Departure & Return
Pier 1 on Lake Lucerne, near the Lucerne railway station Directions: The departure point at pier 1 is located next to Lucerne's train station. Please check before departure in case departure pier has changed for destination Vitznau
What To Expect
With several departure times available for the cogwheel train and aerial cable car at Mt Rigi, simply use the timetables provided to plan out your itinerary according to your preferences.
Disembarking at Vitznau, climb aboard the cogwheel train for a ride up to Rigi Kulm, aka ‘Queen of the Mountains.’ Topping the Rigi mountain range at 5,899 feet (1,798 meters) in elevation, the summit boasts unbeatable views of the Swiss Plateau with the Bernese Alps, Vosges mountains, Black Forest and Glarus Alps beyond.
If you selected the half-day tour, spend two hours of free time here; the full-day option allows for five hours at your leisure. You can rent snowshoes or a sled, embark on a hiking trail, or grab lunch in one of the cozy restaurants (activities and food are your own expense).
When it’s time, the cogwheel train transports you down to the mountain resort of Rigi Kaltbad. From an altitude of 4,701 feet (1,433 meters), it’s the perfect vantage point over Lake Lucerne. Board the aerial cable car from here and drift down to the pretty lakeside town of Weggis.
Meander around at your own pace before making your way to the shore where your boat awaits for a return ride across Lake Lucerne, bringing you back to the pier in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Snacks and drinks are available for purchase on board
- Please note: children tickets (age 6-16) must be purchased on the day and will be available at a reduced rate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lake Lucerne Navigation Company
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms