- Take a panoramic gondola ride to the Fräkmüntegg terminus
- Hop aboard the aerial cableway to the summit of Mt Pilatus at 7,000 feet (2,132 meters)
- Descend from the summit via the world's steepest cogwheel train
- Cruise out onto Lake Lucerne during a 1-hour boat ride (May to October)
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Our meeting point is located at Frankenstrasse 2-4, 6003 Lucerne, a side street off Lucerne train station. Please wait there on the side walk.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Look down upon forested views, then swap your gondola for the aerial cableway at Fräkmüntegg — it's a quick 3.5-minute ride to the summit. The cabin’s spacious and sleek design on this ‘Dragon Ride’ affords more magnificent views over the Alpine lakes and rugged peaks seen from your vantage point high above.
During your free time atop Mt Pilatus, you can venture on a high-altitude hike, grab lunch (own expense) or enjoy the vista from the terrace. Then meet up with your guide for the descent to Alpnachstad aboard the world's steepest cogwheel train. Ride past sheer rock faces and pretty mountain streams toward the fertile meadows below.
On arrival, enjoy a 1-hour boat ride across picturesque Lake Lucerne and view the scenery from a different angle before your tour concludes here in the evening.
Please note: The aerial cableway is under maintenance between late October and mid-November. In this case, you will ascend and descend Mt Pilatus by cogwheel train. The Lake Lucerne boat cruise operates from early May until late October; if you are traveling when the boat is no longer in operation, you will instead receive a complimentary lunch and return to Lucerne by train.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Early May 2021: Depending on snow conditions, the coghweel train may be replaced by the aerial cable car.
- From October 18-24 and November 13-14, the ascent will be made by cable car, the descent by cogwheel train and no boat ride but a lunch voucher included.
- From October 25 to November 12, the ascent and descent will be made by cogwheel train due to revision of the cable car and no boat ride but a lunch voucher will be included.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Infants aged 0-5 years are free of charge but need to be registered on your booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Mount Pilatus Summer Day Trip from Lucerne.