Explore our promoted experiences
- Take a panoramic gondola ride to the Fräkmüntegg terminus
- Hop aboard the aerial cableway to the summit of Mt Pilatus at 7,000 feet (2,132 meters)
- Descend from the summit via the world's steepest cogwheel train
- Cruise out onto Lake Lucerne during a 1-hour boat ride (May to October)
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Our meeting point is located at Frankenstrasse 2-4, 6003 Lucerne, a side street off Lucerne train station. Please wait there on the side walk.
What To Expect
Look down upon forested views, then swap your gondola for the aerial cableway at Fräkmüntegg — it's a quick 3.5-minute ride to the summit. The cabin’s spacious and sleek design on this ‘Dragon Ride’ affords more magnificent views over the Alpine lakes and rugged peaks seen from your vantage point high above.
During your free time atop Mt Pilatus, you can venture on a high-altitude hike, grab lunch (own expense) or enjoy the vista from the terrace. Then meet up with your guide for the descent to Alpnachstad aboard the world's steepest cogwheel train. Ride past sheer rock faces and pretty mountain streams toward the fertile meadows below.
On arrival, enjoy a 1-hour boat ride across picturesque Lake Lucerne and view the scenery from a different angle before your tour concludes here in the evening.
Please note: The aerial cableway is under maintenance between late October and mid-November. In this case, you will ascend and descend Mt Pilatus by cogwheel train. The Lake Lucerne boat cruise operates from early May until late October; if you are traveling when the boat is no longer in operation, you will instead receive a complimentary lunch and return to Lucerne by train.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- 17.10. - 23.10.2022: Ascent by cable car, descent by cogwheel train, no boat ride but lunch voucher included (fully guided)
- 24.10. - 04.11.2022: Ascent and descent by cogwheel train, no boat ride but lunch voucher included (fully guided)
- 05.11. - 20.11.2022: Ascent by cable car, descent by cogwheel train, no boat ride but lunch voucher included (fully guided)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Infants aged 0-5 years are free of charge but need to be registered on your booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Would take the long hike around the mountain - wear proper shoes, as it gets rugged." See review
- "How much you enjoy either tour will also depend on how much cloud cover you get - so if you have some flexibility with your itinerary, make sure you check the weather in the lead up." See review
- "A very good day despite the cool gray weather, still very much worth the price." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews