Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip from Lucerne to the top of the breathtaking Swiss Alps
- Enjoy a spectacular cogwheel train ride from Eiger Glacier Station to Jungfraujoch, one of Europe's highest peaks
- Soak up winter wonderland views from the Sphinx Observatory and walk through the heart of a glacier in the Ice Palace
- Your expert multilingual guide will ensure an enjoyable and memorable experience
- Ride the new state-of-the-art gondola Eiger Express from Grindelwald to Eiger Glacier Station
Departure & Return
Our meeting point is located at Frankenstrasse 2-4, 6003 Lucerne, a side street off Lucerne train station. Please wait there on the side walk.
What To Expect
Travel onward to Grindelwald to climb aboard the new state-of-the-art gondola Eiger Express for a ride to Eiger Glacier Station. Continue your breath-taking journey to Europe’s highest point in a cogwheel train. Scour the scenery for the dramatic peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and feel your adrenaline levels surge as you approach the 11,332-foot (3,454-meter) summit of the Jungfraujoch.
Marvel at the splintering peaks of the Aletsch Glacier and then ride the elevator to the Sphinx Observatory for incredible panoramas of the frozen Alpine wonderland below. Immerse yourself in the enchanting beauty of the Ice Palace, following your guide through the heart of the glacier, and opt to enjoy a fulfilling meal at one of the many restaurants on the mountaintop (own expense).
Capture final photographs of the incredible views and then descend the mountain on the awaiting train. Re-board your coach in Lauterbrunnen and relax during the drive back to Lucerne.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Warm clothing and sturdy shoes recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Routing and means of transport may have to be amended during maintenance work and depending on seasonal schedules without prior notice. A minimum stay of 2 hours on the top of Jungfraujoch is always guaranteed
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- "The only downside to the whole day is the shuttle bus ride there and back, if you get car sick easily this will be rough, as the trip goes over the alps and is very winding at higher speeds." See review