- Visit three tombs in the Valley of the Kings
- Tour the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Round trip transport from your Luxor accommodations
- Flexibility to customize for your interests
Departure & Return
Departure PointHotels, cruise ships, or train station in Luxor
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Drive into the Valley of the Kings, a necropolis for the ancient city of Thebes, a 45-minute drive through fields and mountains. You’ll see the rustic house where Howard Carter lived as he searched for Tutankhamun’s tomb, then visit a series of three elaborate tombs. Guides are not allowed inside the tombs, but you’ll get a briefing on the history of each one before you enter; if you’d like to add a visit to King Tutankhamun’s tomb, your guide can arrange the stop at an additional fee.
Continue to the nearby Temple of Hatshepsut, a beautifully-preserved structure with elegant colonnades and hieroglyphic decorations. Learn the story of the ancient Queen and Pharaoh as you tour the site, then visit the monolithic Colossi of Memnon that guard the funerary temple of Amenhotep III.
Begin the return trip to Luxor, with an optional stop at an alabaster factory to shop for souvenirs, and finish your tour with drop-off at your cruise ship or hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Airport pickup is an additional USD $5 per person payable upon arrival
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Imperialegypt
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Luxor West Bank and Valley of the Kings Tour.