3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Take a break from Luxor’s ancient history and enjoy a traditional meal in a local home on this rewarding 3-hour experience. Alongside a local guide, journey into the Luxor countryside and be welcomed into a friendly home for a delicious, typically Egyptian dinner. Sit down to a fresh home-cooked meal, and chat to your hosts about their everyday life, culture and customs. A fascinating insight into the foods, flavors, and home and family life of Luxor's local people.
- 3-hour Egyptian local meal experience from Luxor
- Enjoy a home-cooked Egyptian meal in an authentic country home
- Savor delicious local dinner dishes made with seasonal vegetables
- Discover the culture, traditions and home of a typical local family
- Chat to your friendly hosts about their food and lives over an after-dinner cup of tea
- Once-in-a-lifetime and family-friendly experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Luxor tour-Day tour
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Traditional Egyptian Meal in a Local Home?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Traditional Egyptian Meal in a Local Home?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Traditional Egyptian Meal in a Local Home?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Traditional Egyptian Meal in a Local Home?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesDining ExperiencesFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesLuxorUnique Experiences - SafagaDining Experiences - SafagaUnique Experiences - AswanDining Experiences - AswanUnique Experiences - HurghadaDining Experiences - HurghadaCategory
Mummification MuseumTomb of Ramses VIAbydosTomb of TutankhamunValley of the Nobles (Tombs of the Nobles)Tomb of Ramses IIILuxor TempleAvenue of SphinxesDendera (Dandarah)Medinet Habu (Temple of Ramses III)Ramesseum (Mortuary Temple of Ramses II)Temple of Horus (at Edfu)Colossi of MemnonValley of the QueensTomb of Merneptah (Merenptah)