- Full-day electric bike shore excursion from Marseille
- Pedal effortlessly along the beautiful Mediterranean coastline
- Explore the fjord-like coves and inlets south of Marseille
- Visit pretty villages such as Vallon des Auffes, Prado Beach, Les Goudes and Callelongue Cove
- Swim in the sea and try your hand at the traditional French game of pétanque on the beach
- Visit the impressive Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde, widely considered Marseille’s crowning jewel
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Wait down your ship your guide will meet you with your name on a sign.
- Marseille cruise terminal
What To Expect
First, head south along the sun-kissed Corniche Kennedy, Marseille’s main coastal boulevard, taking in magnificent sea views and scenes of French life such as fishermen working in the village of Vallon des Auffes and locals strolling along Prado Beach and Madrague Montredon. Stop in the quaint town of Les Goudes and admire the rocky coastline speckled with fishing boats. Enjoy some lunch (own expense; see sample menu below) and play a lively beach game of pétanque – a French game of balls similar to bocce.
Next, wind through the wild and dramatic calanques region. Admire the distinctive limestone rock formations create dramatic inlets, beckoning you for a refreshing swim. Pause at La Plage de la Maronaise (Maronaise Beach) for an invigorating dip and a drink at a local café or bar (own expense) before heading on to the stunning Calanque de Callelonque (Callelongue Cove). Here, watch small boats drift in and out of the cove and locals romp on the beach.
Afterwards, head back to buzzing Marseille to explore some of the city’s top attractions including green spaces like Parc Borély or Campagne Pastré – two enchanting parks – and the magnificent Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde, a gem of Neo-Byzantine architecture perched atop Marseille’s highest peak. From this vantage point, catch sweeping views of colorful rooftops, the sparkling Mediterranean Sea and the bustling Old Port. Stop for great photo ops before returning to the port to re-board your ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:We will ensure your timely return to the Marseille port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not suitable for children under 4 years old
- Children from 4–11 years old can ride in a trailer attached to an adult's bike
- Children 12 years and over can ride their own bike
- The cycle is approximately 22 miles long (35km)
- Please bring your own towel and sunscreen
- There are no lifeguards present on the beaches
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY EBTM Tours Marseille
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Marseille Shore Excursion: Private Electric Bike Tour to the Calanques.