8 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Set out from Marseille for a day tour of Les Baux de Provence and Arles, an ancient city sporting some incredible Roman monuments. Your private excursion begins with an informative walking tour through Arles, taking in sights like the centuries-old Arles Amphitheatre and Café Van Gogh, which appears in its namesake's iconic painting, The Café Terrace. Then enjoy a leisurely afternoon in the medieval cliff-top village of Les Baux de Provence, exploring old ruins and cobbled streets.
- Full-day private tour to Arles and Les Baux de Provence from Marseille
- Enjoy a walking tour of the UNESCO-listed town of Arles with your private guide
- See Café Van Gogh, the yellow-fronted building that was depicted in Van Gogh’s famous painting The Café Terrace
- Admire Roman ruins like Arles Amphitheatre and learn about the city’s ancient heritage
- Spend your afternoon at leisure in the village of Les Baux de Provence
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee.
Food and drinks
Monuments ticket entrance
Departure & Return
38-40 Quai de Rive Neuve, 13007 Marseille, France
Please wait in front of the hotel's entrance.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Arles and Les Baux de Provence Day Trip from Marseille?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Arles and Les Baux de Provence Day Trip from Marseille?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Arles and Les Baux de Provence Day Trip from Marseille?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Arles and Les Baux de Provence Day Trip from Marseille?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Arles and Les Baux de Provence Day Trip from Marseille
11 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMarseilleShore Excursions - ProvenceBus Tours - ProvencePorts of Call Tours - ProvenceFull-day Tours - ProvenceShore Excursions - MarignaneBus Tours - MarignanePorts of Call Tours - MarignaneFull-day Tours - MarignaneShore Excursions - Aix-en-ProvenceBus Tours - Aix-en-ProvencePorts of Call Tours - Aix-en-ProvenceFull-day Tours - Aix-en-ProvenceCategory
Cantini Museum (Musée Cantini) Tours & TicketsLa Corniche Tours & TicketsMarseille Cathedral (Cathédrale La Major) Tours & TicketsCalanque d’En-Vau Tours & TicketsPalais Longchamp Tours & TicketsMarseille Museum of Fine Arts (Musée des Beaux Arts) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Mediterranean Archaeology (Musée d’Archéologie Méditerranéenne) Tours & TicketsMaritime and Commercial Museum of Marseille (Musée de la Marine et de l'Economie de Marseille) Tours & TicketsFort Saint-Jean Tours & TicketsCap Canaille Tours & TicketsRoman Docks Museum (Musée des Docks Romains) Tours & TicketsFontaine Castellane Tours & TicketsAbbey of St. Victor (Abbaye Saint-Victor) Tours & TicketsCalanque de Sormiou Tours & TicketsCentre de la Vieille Charite Tours & TicketsVallon des Auffes Tours & TicketsMuseum of European and Mediterranean Civilizations (Le Mucem) Tours & TicketsMarseille History Museum (Musee d'Histoire) Tours & TicketsMuseum of African, Oceanic and American-Indian Art (MAAOA) Tours & TicketsMarseille Contemporary Art Museum (MAC) Tours & Tickets