- Combo package: Phillip Island penguin parade and Great Ocean Road tour
- Get the two most popular full-day excursions from Melbourne at a savings
- See little penguins, koalas, and Australian fur seals up close
- Discover the Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Apollo Bay and other attractions on the Great Ocean Road
- Travel with a small group limited to 12 participants, with hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Choose the date for your Great Ocean Road tour when booking your combo package. Then reserve directly with the supplier for the Phillip Island tour, selecting a date that falls within the seven days of your first tour. Please note that accommodation is not included.
Great Ocean Road full-day tour:
Take in the scenery along Victoria's famous coastal route and go in-depth at several stops along the way. Stroll along long sandy beaches, and visit the critters that live in the wilderness outside the Great Ocean Road Ecolodge. Walk into a eucalyptus forest to look for animals such as koalas, kangaroos and colorful birds. Stop in the picturesque town of Apollo Bay to purchase lunch at one of the excellent cafes or restaurants. At the end of the day, check out the striking rock formations and ocean scenery at Loch Ard Gorge and Twelve Apostles.
Phillip Island penguin parade:
Phillip Island is known for the penguin parade at dusk, but the journey there also provides great opportunities to see a range of animals. Visit the Churchill Island Heritage Farm to see a working farm and how early settlers lived, then stop into the Koala Conservation Centre to view koalas, wallabies and echidnas in their natural habitat. Next up, look for frolicking Australian fur seals at Seal Rocks as you walk along the Nobbies boardwalk. In the summer, have some leisure time in the town of Cowes before topping off the day by watching the little penguins waddling home to their burrows on Phillip Island.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Warm and waterproof clothes recommended for the Great Ocean Road day trip
- Please note: accommodation is not included
- Please note: these are two separate day tours. You MUST take the Phillip Island tour within 7 days of the Great Ocean Road day trip; book the Great Ocean Road day trip for the day you prefer, and then contact the local tour operator directly to book the second tour (contact info will be printed on your confirmation voucher)
- Rates per person (adult). Extra charge for tours in Spanish or Italian.
- Tours in German operate at the English price and include a German-speaking guide for more than 6 passengers.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- OPERATED BY Oceania Tours and Safaris
If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Melbourne Combo: Great Ocean Road Day Trip and Phillip Island Day Trip from Melbourne.