- Guided tour of Coyoacán and Xochimilco in Mexico City
- Visit San Juan Bautista, one of Mexico City’s oldest churches
- Learn about the life of artist Frida Kahlo at the Blue House Museum
- Float on a boat called a trajinera down the canals of Xochimilco, a UNESCO site
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Continue to Coyoacán’s highlight attraction: the Frida Kahlo Museum, aka La Casa Azul (‘the Blue House’). See firsthand where Frida Kahlo was born and later lived with her husband, the muralist Diego Rivera. Exhibits include her personal possessions and some of her iconic artwork, which give you further insight into the vibrant life of this world-renowned artist.
Spend about an hour at the Frida Kahlo Museum, and then head south of Mexico City to Xochimilco, an agricultural network of waterway channels where many of the city’s flowers are grown. Board a colorful, flat-bottomed boat called a trajinera with your guide, and take a leisurely sail. Pass man-made islands with floating reed mats loaded with soil used as gardens, called chinampas, which was developed during Aztec times to get around the lack of arable farmland. Today, these gardens form an ecological reserve awarded UNESCO World Heritage status.
After about an hour at Xochimilco, your Mexico City tour ends with drop-off at your departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- - The time of return may vary due to traffic situations or the number of people.
- - It is not advisable to book a tour on the same day of the departure of a flight, since we cannot be responsible for the loss of the flight, for any tour delay
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mexitours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms