- Enjoy early access to Chapultepec Castle and visit the National Museum of Anthropology with an informative guide
- Tour the National History Museum inside the 18th-century castle, formerly an imperial palace and presidential residence
- See the best of the massive National Museum of Anthropology, including the Aztec Stone of the Sun
- This Viator Exclusive is available nowhere else
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please be at the flagpole in front of the main entrance of the Museum at 9:50am
What To Expect
Chapultepec started as a retreat for Aztec rulers before it was partially torn down and rebuilt into the palace of Emperor Maximilian of Habsburg. It then turned into the residence for Mexico’s presidents before most of the castle was converted into the National History Museum.
Follow your guide along marble staircases, peer into royal apartments, and admire the state carriages of Emperor Maximilian and Benito Juárez. Pass murals of battles painted by famous artists, including José Clemente Orozco and John O'Gorman, as well as the sword wielded by independence fighter José María Morelos.
As you explore the 12 halls, learn about the country’s history, from the pre-Columbian period through Spanish colonialism, to Mexico’s revolution and its independence.
Then, enjoy a lunch break at a nearby location offering traditional dishes like chapatas and chilaquiles, sandwiches, salads, along with tea and coffee (own expense). Next, head to Mexico City’s most visited museum, the National Museum of Anthropology, also part of Chapultepec Park. Follow your guide on a tour of some of the most impressive pre-Columbian and Mexican artifacts, including Olmec carved heads and the Aztec Stone of the Sun.
Your tour ends in the afternoon so you have the rest of your day to enjoy at your leisure.
Viator Exclusives combine unique experiences and great deals—from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences—and are not available from other 3rd-party online sellers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (1.8 miles/3 km)
- Due to Covid19, it is not allowed to enter with food, drinks or backpacks. Only a handbag is allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Amigo Tours Mexico
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Chapultepec Castle & National Museum of Anthropology.