1 day (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
History-steeped Durham sits just north of York, and offers up cobbled streets crowned by UNESCO-protected Durham Cathedral and Castle. Getting there by yourself means a hire car or train— both leaving you without a guide to help you fully appreciate the old city’s sights. This private tour closes all the gaps: providing easy transport, a time-efficient itinerary that covers the must-sees, and a guide for important context and insight.
- Discover the old city of Durham on a private day trip from York
- Get the most from a visit without parking or train hassles, and with a guide
- Explore the medieval castle, old town, and soaring 12th-century cathedral
- Hear history you’d otherwise miss, and relax with hotel pickup and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ye Olde England Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Durham - The Cathedral and Old City?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Durham - The Cathedral and Old City?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Durham - The Cathedral and Old City?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Durham - The Cathedral and Old City?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Durham - The Cathedral and Old City
Explore Similar Things to Do
Historical ToursCultural & Theme ToursMiddlesbroughHistorical Tours - YorkshireHistorical Tours - Newcastle-upon-TyneHistorical Tours - ManchesterCategory