5 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Discover the Black River and rural Jamaica during this private tour from Montego Bay. After your hotel pickup, drive through the countryside and mountains and board a shaded open-air boat for unobstructed views of the Black River's bird life, crocodiles, and scenery. Hear commentary about the wildlife of Jamaica and its longest navigable river, and observe a part of the island that most visitors miss.
- Travel off the beaten path into rural areas
- Spot wild crocodiles at close range
- Hear about the ecology of the Black River
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included on this private tour
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Entrance fees $20 per person
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
All Montego Bay Hotels, Villas, Air B/B
- Montego Bay Cruise Port, Mantica Way, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- PLEAST STATE HOTEL AT TIME OF BOOKING
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY VIP TOURS JAMAICA
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Black River Safari Tour from Montego Bay?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Black River Safari Tour from Montego Bay?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Black River Safari Tour from Montego Bay?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Black River Safari Tour from Montego Bay?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifeSafarisPorts of Call ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMontego BayShore Excursions - LuceaBus Tours - LuceaNature and Wildlife - LuceaSafaris - LuceaPorts of Call Tours - LuceaHalf-day Tours - LuceaShore Excursions - FalmouthBus Tours - FalmouthNature and Wildlife - FalmouthSafaris - FalmouthPorts of Call Tours - FalmouthHalf-day Tours - FalmouthShore Excursions - TrelawnyBus Tours - TrelawnyNature and Wildlife - TrelawnySafaris - TrelawnyPorts of Call Tours - TrelawnyHalf-day Tours - TrelawnyCategory
Aquasol Theme ParkCornwall BeachHip Strip (Gloucester Avenue)Greenwood Great HouseCroydon PlantationGlistening Waters Luminous LagoonRastafari Indigenous VillageSam Sharpe SquareMontego Bay Marine ParkAhhh...Ras Natango Gallery and GardenRocklands Bird Sanctuary Margaritaville Montego Bay Restaurant & BarDoctor's Cave BeachFort MontegoGood Hope Estate