- Private Jamaican food tour from Montego Bay
- Get a taste of Jamaica as you try dishes like jerk chicken, curry goat, or beef patties
- Enjoy fresh fruit from a side-of-the-road stand
- Learn about authentic Jamaican cuisine from a private guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pickup from all resorts and Airbnbs
- Montego Bay Port
- Falmouth Port
What To Expect
You might try jerk chicken, one of the most common dishes eaten in Jamaica, with jerk stands found along the sides of roads. Learn about the term 'jerk' and how it refers to both the way the chicken (or pork, fish, or goat) is grilled and the seasoning itself. Jerking has changed over the years from pit fires to cooking over barrels filled with charcoal.
Other dishes you may try include grilled fresh fish; fruit from one of the many stands on the side of the road selling bananas, pineapples, mangoes, watermelon, coconut, or sugarcane; a quick meal known as a Jamaican patty, a flaky pastry with different fillings, most commonly seasoned ground beef, known as a beef patty (other fillings might include shrimp, veggies, lobster, or cheese); and coco bread, which is made with a hint of coconut and is a bit starchy and sweet, often paired with a patty.
When your tour is over, you are returned to your pickup location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Your Jamaican Tour Guide
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Food Tasting Tour of Local Jamaican Cuisine.