- Walking tour of Old Montreal with a knowledgeable local guide
- See Notre-Dame Basilica, City Hall, Bonsecours Market and more
- Hear stories and facts about the city's rich history, culture and architecture
- Choose from three different itineraries to suit your preferences
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Meet at the southwest corner of Place d'Armes (intersection of Notre-Dame West and Place d'Armes, located near the benches underneath the trees, across the statue of the man carrying a small dog).
Old Montréal East ends near Bonsecours Market
Old Montréal West ends near Pointe-à-Callière Museum
What To Expect
Meet the guide and the rest of the tour group near the famous Notre-Dame Basilica, at the southwest corner of the Place d'Armes,, to begin this walking tour of Old Montreal, the historic centerpiece of this largest city in Quebec.
Notre-Dame Basilica is widely recognized as one of the most impressive landmarks in the world. It’s one of the crown jewels in Quebec's rich religious heritage and a focal point in Montreal’s history. In fact, the original stained-glass windows here paint a story of Montréal’s religious history.
Moving along, learn about this city’s rich history, French heritage, architecture and culture while roaming the maze of narrow streets. Visit some of Old Montreal’s public squares, like Place d’Armes, Place Royale and Place Jacques-Cartier, witnessing the monuments and works of art on display there.
Other points of interest include the 5-story Montreal City Hall; Champ de Mars, a public park that used to be the site of Montreal’s city walls; the former “Wall Street” of Canada, St-Jacques Street; and no visit to Old Montreal is complete without a picture of the Sulpician Seminary, the oldest building of the historic district.
The tour concludes at Bonsecours Market, a 2-story, domed public market which has served as Montreal's main public market for more than 100 years.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- This tour operates year-round
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Our scheduled Old Montreal Walking Tours will depart only when the minimum of two participants will have booked the visit. You will then have the option to reschedule your tour at no additional cost or we will issue a full refund.We will notify you the day before the date of your visit at 4 P.M. should your visit be canceled.
- When doing both East & West tours on the same day, please note that the first tour starts at 11:00 a.m. and the second one at 1:30 p.m. You will have a 1-hour break in between both tours and you will end at 3:00 p.m.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guidatour
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands