8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Sightseeing in Mumbai? Dodge the crowds and see the sights in style with a private guide and driver, and a personalised itinerary. This full-day tour is yours to customise as you want, so you can visit the landmark Gateway to India, drive down Marine Drive and admire the Mahalaxmi Temple, or venture off-the-beaten-track to Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat. Add on a tour of either the Elephanta Caves or Kanheri Caves, or spend time browsing the capital’s leading art and history museum.
- Customized private tour of Mumbai
- See up to five sights, from top attractions to less-visited spots
- Learn about the history and culture of each stop from a knowledgeable private guide
- Travel by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Take an optional excursion to Elephanta Caves or Kanheri Caves
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Enjoy a complimentary side trip to either the Elephanta or Kanheri Caves—usually booked as a separate excursion.
Saved to wishlist!
Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle
Government-licensed private guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off
One bottle of water per customer
Carbon offset certificate
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick guests from all hotels / vacation rentals / private residences within Mumbai city.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- After booking, you may choose up to 5 sites from the sample list; the local tour operator will then create a route, keeping in mind the opening and closing times of different sites, the distances of different locations from one another, overall traveling times and peak periods
- Please contact the local tour operator at least 48 hours before your tour to advise which destinations you would like to go to; contact information will be provided on your confirmation voucher
- The Elephanta Caves and the Kanheri Caves are far away from each other and cannot be visited on the same day
- The Elephanta Caves and the Kanheri Caves are closed every Monday
- Comfortable walking shoes and sunscreen are recommended
- Shoes must be removed at most places of worship, namely Mahalaxmi Temple, Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati Mandir, ISKCON Temple and Haji Ali Dargah; at most temples, you can enter the compound without removing your shoes, but your shoes must be removed when entering the sanctum of that particular place of worship; you may carry or wear your own socks so that your feet do not get dirty, or the tour operator can arrange slip-ons for you
- You must wear clothing that covers your arms and legs at religious sites
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those in wheelchairs or with walking disabilities, particularly in the Elephanta Caves and the Kanheri Caves
- Children ages 2 and younger are free of charge
- Your guide can recommend places to eat lunch and snacks (own expense)
- The Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (Prince of Wales Museum) and Mani Bhavan Gandhi Museum are both closed on January 26, May 1, August 15 and October 2
- During the monsoon months from June to August, the tour might be cut short if there is heavy rain
- The Elephanta Caves are on an island and can be accessed by boat only; during the monsoon months from June to August the boat service may not operate if the ocean is unsafe
- The Haaji Ali is located on an island and is connected to the mainland by a path that is submerged in water during monsoons; during the monsoon months from June to August it may not be possible to visit the Haaji Ali due to high tides
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Delhi Airport Service
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Customizable Mumbai Sightseeing Including Elephanta Caves or Kanheri Caves
4 hours 1 minute
2 hours 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingMumbaiBus Tours - PuneArchaeology Tours - PuneHistorical Tours - PuneFull-day Tours - PuneBus Tours - AurangabadArchaeology Tours - AurangabadHistorical Tours - AurangabadFull-day Tours - AurangabadBus Tours - GoaArchaeology Tours - GoaHistorical Tours - GoaFull-day Tours - GoaCategory
Dhobi GhatMahalakshmi TempleHaji Ali DargahBombay PanjrapoleElephanta CavesMumbadevi TempleNational Gallery of Modern Art Mumbai (NGMA)Imagica Snow ParkChhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS)Filmcity (Dadasaheb Phalke Chitranagri)Mount Mary ChurchHanging Gardens (Ferozeshah Mehta)Fashion Street Shree Siddhivinayak Ganapati TempleEssel WorldWater KingdomBanganga Tank (Banganga Talav)DharaviMalabar HillImagica Water Park