- Learn about Germany’s beer culture, including Oktoberfest
- Tour several breweries and see their beer-making facilities, including fermenting tanks and malting towers
- Meet master brewers, who will tell you about the history of brewing lager
- Enjoy a beer sample and light snacks
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of GALERIA Kaufhof department store, Karlsplatz 21/Stachus. Please be at the departure point 20 minutes prior departure
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Munich has a rich heritage as the city of beer, breweries, beer gardens and beer festivals — like the famed Oktoberfest. The art of brewing is a centuries-old tradition here. Listen as experienced master brewers offer fascinating information about the brewing process, which abides by the Reinheitsgebot, sometimes called the ‘German Beer Purity Law.’
Take a guided tour of each brewery to see their malting towers, brewhouses, fermenting tanks, beer cellars and wells. Then, enjoy a beer tasting with a fresh Bavarian pretzel — a fitting end to an entertaining and educational tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum German drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Sightseeing Munich
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Behind-the-Scenes Brewery and Beer Tour in Munich.