- Day trip to the Berchtesgaden Eagle’s Nest, the former mountain retreat of Adolf Hitler, from Munich, with a professional guide
- Absorb views of Alpine peaks and pastures on a drive southwest through Bavaria
- Ride a bus and elevator up Mt. Kehlstein to the Eagle’s Nest mountain lodge
- Explore Hitler’s one-time retreat, where he received visiting dignitaries
- See the chambers and many original features, including a mantelpiece gifted by Mussolini
- Ogle the incredible terrace views over the mountains and to Lake Königssee
- Visit the Berchtesgaden salt mines if bad weather prevents access to the Eagle’s Nest
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
In front of Karlsplatz 21/Stachus. Please be at the departure point 20 minutes prior departure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In case of snow and ice, the Eagle's Nest will be closed and world famous Salt Mines will be visited instead
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Sightseeing Munich
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "There’s not a ton in the actual building of the eagles nest but the views are beautiful, worth it right there." See review
- "The eagles nest is a fascinating place although small in size, definitely worth a visit if you are in Bavaria." See review
- "While we understand weather conditions impact some events, we were told on the day that Eagles Nest is not usually opened prior to mid May." See review