- Guided day tour of Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site and SS (Schutzstaffel) shooting range in Hebertshausen
- Visit the memorial site of the first Nazi concentration camp in Germany during WWII
- See “Arbeit macht frei” on the gates to the camp, as well as the administration headquarters
- Get free time to explore the memorial and the museum independently
- Go to the grounds where Nazis guards executed more than 4,000 prisoners of war
- Round-trip transport by coach included
Departure & Return
In front of GALERIA Kaufhof department store, Karlsplatz 21/Stachus. Please be at the departure point 20 minutes prior departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Pass by the town as you make your way to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site. At the memorial site, start by watching a documentary film about the Nazi camp, and then go on a guided tour. See old photographs, documents, the administration headquarters, areas where prisoners were held, and even the “Arbeit macht frei” plastered on the main camp gates. Gain a better understanding about the seriousness of WWII and the destruction the German Nazis had on their country and the world.
Afterward, set out on your own, and explore the museum exhibits, as well as other parts of the camp that interest you. Later, meet back at your coach for the short ride to the SS (Schutzstaffel) shooting range in Hebertshausen.
The shooting range lies about 1.2 miles (2 km) away from the memorial site, and is rarely, if ever, visited by other tours. It’s the area where prisoners of war were executed by Nazi soldiers. Visit exhibits here, and learn more about the solemn Holocaust history.
Your tour ends with a ride back to Munich aboard your coach.
Please note: It's advised that you bring your own lunch, or eat during your free time at the cafeteria.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No access for children younger than 14!
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Sightseeing Munich
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I personally could have used another 30-60 minutes, but overall it is structured, moves efficiently, and you see all of the pertinent areas." See review