- Royal castles overnight tour from Munich
- Tour King Ludwig II's castles at your own pace
- One-hour visit to Linderhof Hunting Lodge
- Neuschwanstein Castle - the model for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Guided tour of Hohenschwangau Castle, where Ludwig lived as a boy
- Independent multi-day package with transport, transfers, tours and 1 night's accommodation
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointEstacion central munich, Bayerstraße 39, 80335 München, Germany
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Along the way, stop in Ettal for an hour at Linderhof Castle. Linderhof was inspired by King Ludwig II’s visits to the Palace of Versailles in France. It is the smallest of the three palaces built by the king and the only one which he lived to see completed. Even so, the palace and surrounding park together are one of the most artistic and stylistically complex ensembles of the 19th century — and a sight to behold.
Then make a brief stop in Oberammergau before reaching Hohenschwangau.
Upon arrival in Hohenschwangau, check in to Hotel Müller Hohenschwangau (or similar accommodation), then proceed to Neuschwanstein Castle, a 19th-century Romanesque Revival palace nestled on top of a rugged hill high above the village of Hohenschwangau. This stunning fairy tale palace was the inspiration for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty and it’s one of the most popular of all the castles or palaces in Europe, drawing 1.4 million visitors each year.
Enjoy a self-guided walking tour of this medieval masterpiece. Explore rooms like Minstrel’s Hall, the Byzantine Throne Room and many more. Learn about the castle’s architect, King Ludwig II, and explore the terraces, grounds and gardens outside as well.
After an overnight stay and breakfast, pick up complimentary tickets for a guided tour of Hohenschwangau Castle, a majestic Gothic palace that was the childhood home of King Ludwig. The remainder of the day can be spent roaming Hohenschwangau at leisure, before a return trip to central Munich in the late afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation for this tour will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Routes may vary due to weather or other factors
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Romantic Road - Touring Tours and Travel
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
See all safety measures taken by Overnight Royal Castles Tour - Linderhof, Hohenschwangau, Neuschwanstein.