- 3.5-hour tour of Jigokudani Monkey Park from Shimotakai-gun
- Escape the city and explore one of Japan's most famous winter spots
- Marvel at furry Japanese macaques as they bathe in steaming onsen
- Follow walking trails surrounded by local flora and fauna
- Sample sake and beer manufactured at a local brewery
- Small-group tour limited to eight people
Departure & Return
The guide will waiting for you at the ticket gate of Yudanaka station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
On arrival, you’ll follow a walking trail and learn about local flora and fauna from your guide. Observe the red-faced, fur-covered Japanese macaques (aka snow monkeys) as they bathe in the steaming waters of natural hot springs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please join us wearing shoes that are easy to walk in and do not bring heavy baggage because you will walk the mountain paths
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Trip Designer Inc.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Explore Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park with a Knowledgeable Local Guide.