2 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Discover Nagano’s many highlights on this private 2-day tour. Save time planning transport, as a driver and private vehicle is included. You’ll have a guide to show you around on the first day, and then free time to explore on the second day. Overnight stay in a Japanese Ryokan, entrance fees to Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, Zenko-ji Temple, and a private onsen experience is included, making it the ultimate hassle-free tour.
- Save time and visit multiple dispersed sites in a private vehicle
- Experience Japanese traditional accommodation—stay overnight in a Ryokan
- See many Nagano highlights such as snow monkeys, and Zenkoji Temple
- Stress-free private tour with a guide so you get a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Private tour with local tour guide (tour guide on the first day only, the second day is free day without tour guide)
Transportation within Nagano City on the first day (public transport or chartered vehicle options)
Onsen (hot springs) experience at hotel. Please note that the onsen is within the hotel and may not be connected to your room (there may be times when there is no onsen within your hotel, but you will have access to the onsen in the area of the ryokan). For private onsen experience, it is available at additional cost at the ryokan (usually around 1500 to 2500 JPY for 1 hour)
Overnight accommodation at traditional Japanese hotel (ryokan) rated at 3 Stars (or 4 - 5 Star hotel option is available at checkout)
Lunch, snacks and drinks
Add-on experiences on the second day (available at booking)
Private onsen experience (additional cost for private experience at ryokan)
Departure & Return
Japan, 〒380-0921 長野県長野市大字栗田５９
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Must provide birth date at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately.
- Wheelchair accessible (except at Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park)
- Non-smoking: All the rooms are non-smoking in ryokan (otherwise requested), there are designated areas outside for those who would like to smoke.
- For this tour, if we provide train tickets from Tokyo and return (add-on cost when booking): we will send train tickets to the guests’ hotel in Tokyo (the hotel which guests are staying at before their Nagano trip). Please provide: 1) Hotel Name in Tokyo, 2) Name of guest who booked the hotel, 3) Confirmation Number, and 4) Dates of Stay at the hotel in Tokyo.
- Snow Monkeys in warmer seasons: The snow starts to melt by March and the snow monkeys may not bathe as often as they did in the winter to keep warm. Guests may see snow monkeys taking a swim as the park staff gives them lunch, but unlike winter months, there are days when the monkeys just do not feel like entering the bath. When it is warm and the sun is out, the monkeys tend to be more active and move around the area, grooming themselves. While winter is not the only time to see snow monkeys, please note that they are wild animals and it is difficult to predict their behavior. You can still visit the Snow Monkey Park, but seeing the monkeys and watching them bathe is not always guaranteed.
- Children and youth must be accompanied by adult (in the same room as adults, up to 4 children in one room):
- For food, children from age 1 to 5 years old will not have meal at ryokan. Food must be arranged separately by adults, or the meal served to adults can be shared with children.
- For accommodations, children from age 1 to 5 years old will sleep in the same bed or futon with parents. Separate futon can be provided at additional cost at the ryokan.
- Private tour with English-speaking tour guide is for the first day of the tour only. On the second day, the customer is free to explore Nagano on their own (the tour guide will not be present).
- Age Requirement: Guests of all ages can attend this tour, but a booking must be made for each person. Adult pricing applies to guests age 12 to 99. Child pricing applies to guests age 6 - 11. Young child pricing applies to guests age 1 - 5. In this private group tour, there must be at least one person that is 18 years or older.
- Most travelers can participate
- Moderate Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 50% is charged if cancelled 21 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 25% is charged if cancelled 30 days or less before the event
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Japan Awaits
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Nagano Private Two Day Tour ?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Nagano Private Two Day Tour ?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Nagano Private Two Day Tour ?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Nagano Private Two Day Tour ?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "early start from Tokyo to get to Nagano station but well worth it." See review
Product code: 27666P9
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesRail ToursBus ToursCity ToursOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesNaganoUnique Experiences - Nagano PrefectureRail Tours - Nagano PrefectureBus Tours - Nagano PrefectureCity Tours - Nagano PrefectureOvernight Tours - Nagano PrefectureMulti-day Tours - Nagano PrefectureWalking Tours - Nagano PrefectureHistorical Tours - Nagano PrefectureUnique Experiences - KawagoeRail Tours - KawagoeBus Tours - KawagoeCity Tours - KawagoeOvernight Tours - KawagoeMulti-day Tours - KawagoeWalking Tours - KawagoeHistorical Tours - KawagoeUnique Experiences - TokyoRail Tours - TokyoBus Tours - TokyoCity Tours - TokyoOvernight Tours - TokyoMulti-day Tours - TokyoWalking Tours - TokyoHistorical Tours - TokyoCategory