Explore our promoted experiences
- Afternoon trip to Mt. Vesuvius from Naples
- Drive through Vesuvius National Park
- Hike to the summit and peer into the crater of Vesuvius
- Panoramic views of the beautiful Bay of Naples
- Narration by a professional driver-guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
From there, hop out on foot and begin the hike to the volcano’s summit. As you go, your guide will discuss its notorious eruption in 79 AD and other fascinating facts behind the only active volcano in continental Europe. A medium-to-high fitness level is required for the climb.
At the summit, take a thrilling walk around the crater at 3,900 feet (1,200 meters). Peer down into the depths to see steam rising from the sleeping beast. Then soak up gorgeous, panoramic views of the Bay of Naples.
You will conclude your afternoon with transportation back to your Naples hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for climbing Mt. Vesuvius
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transport is by coach: group sizes of up to 50 people
- In case Mt. Vesuvius National Park is closed due to bad weather conditions and/or other circumstances beyond our control, you will be refunded the entrance tickets to the National Park
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note that for this tour, among the 4 languages available, the English language only is always guaranteed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Project Napoli Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms