Departure & Return
Meet your guide in front of the ticket gates at JR Nara Station. JR Nara Station only has central ticket gates. Just come out, and find NaraWalk guide with a white flag!
We usually finish at Kofukuji Temple. Walking from here to JR Nara Station is about 20 min, to Kintetsu Nara Station 5 min, to a bus stop heading to JR Nara Station 3 min, and to the nearest shopping and dining area 3 min.
During June to September, we may not go to Kofukuji Temple but end the tour at Todaiji Temple to prevent heatstroke. Only on cooler days we would go to Kofukuji Temple. Within 10 min walking distance, there are restaurants, souvenir shops, Nara National Museum and a bus stop heading back to JR/Kintetsu Nara Station. Todaiji Temple is right next to the green of Nara Park, people who like deer might prefer ending the tour here irrelevant to heatstroke.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The tour route includes steps and a gravel path where you would need to carry or need a harder push for your baby stroller.
- Most travelers can participate
- Todaiji Temple asks all visitors to Great Buddha Hall to wear a face mask.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY NARAWALK
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff