- Knowledgeable, English-speaking guide will help you navigate and feel like a local
- Local snacks are included in the price; your tour guide will accommodate dietary restrictions
- Entrance fees for all locations on the tour are included in the cost
- Insider tips: your tour guide will take you to local vendors and merchants you wouldn’t find on your own
- Convenient drop-off and pickup locations: your guide will help you find your next destination
Departure & Return
At the fountain in front of the exit at Kintetsu Nara station. From the train platform go through the east gates to street level, via the staircase, where you’ll see the fountain with a statue of a monk, on your right-hand side. Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///solar.vanilla.book
The intersection of Sanjo dori street and Higashimuki Shopping Arcade
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- As we will be visiting religious temples and shrines, modest dress is required.
- Some of the places we will visit in Nara-machi will vary on each tour as they have irregular opening and closing days. In case of unexpected closure of the Todaiji temple, we will either reschedule or cancel the tour. If we have to cancel for such a reason, you will be refunded in full.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- We can accommodate some dietary restrictions. Please notify us in the time of the booking if you have any dietary requests. The snacks included on the tour are not substantial so if your dietary requirements cannot be met, we’ll provide a liquid refreshment instead.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Effective Sept 1, 2021, travellers 18+ must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Children 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or lateral flow) conducted maximum 72 hours prior, proof of recovery dated up to 9 months or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - Japan
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "A lot of walking and climbing steps, but worth it for the magnificent temples and shrines, the giant Buddha, the entertaining deer, and lovely park." See review