- Visit two of India's UNESCO World Heritage-listed sites: the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort
- Enjoy a traditional Indian lunch at a popular restaurant
- Private tour with an expert guide ensures a more personalized and flexible experience
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Your first stop is Agra Fort, a World Heritage site and Mughal architectural wonder. With your private guide, enter the 94-acre (34-hectare) brick fort, noting the mix of Islamic and Hindu influences in its design. Hear about the purposes of the various buildings such as the Hall of Private Audience (Diwan-i-Khas), Pearl Fort (Moti Masjid), Mirror Palace (Sheesh Mahal) and Hall of Public Audience (Diwan-i-Am).
Next, enjoy a lunch of Indian dishes at a local restaurant before continuing your tour to your second World Heritage site and perhaps India’s most iconic landmark, the Taj Mahal. Built in the mid-1600s, this white marble mausoleum was commissioned by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in dedication to his wife. Learn about the Turkish, Indian and Persian architectural styles as you admire the detailed interior and exterior décor, the beautiful garden and the general magnificence of the place with your guide.
Then head to your last attraction, the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah, another mausoleum sometimes referred to as the Baby Taj, as it was one inspiration for the Taj Mahal and sits just across the river from it. Learn from your guide about the Persian influences behind the design of the tomb as you admire its stone inlay and trellis work. Your day trip then ends with the return drive to Delhi.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; shorts or sleeveless tops are not recommended.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen are highly recommended
- This tour operates with a maximum of 12 people
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GeTs Holidays
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Day Trip to Agra includes Taj Mahal and Agra Fort from Delhi.