- Listen to your guide’s master storytelling as they dive deep into the city’s past
- Learn the history behind above-ground burying and other New Orleans facts
- Don't worry about getting lost with centrally located meeting points
- Journey through three historical New Orleans cemeteries, if option chosen
Departure & Return
For the French Quarter tour: Meet outside of Backatown Coffee on Basin Street 30 minutes prior to departure. The guide will depart on time.
For the Cemetery Insiders Tour: Louis Armstrong park (Look for the big arch that says "Armstrong Park")
Tour ends at Jackson Square in the heart of the French Quarter.
Louis Armstrong Park
What To Expect
As you stroll, enjoy tales of New Orleans’ voodoo history and peek into a small shop that specializes in voodoo ritual materials such as herbs, oils, and amulets. Hear more from your guide about a largely misunderstood religion that still enjoys a formidable presence in New Orleans.
Take a short break at the old train station. Then walk through Louis Armstrong Park where you visit Congo Square, a historical site from the 1800s. Here, slaves and free people met on Sunday to openly trade, socialize, play music, dance and practice voodoo rituals.
To see cemeteries from inside the gates with your favorite beverage in hand, choose the BYOB Cemetery Insiders option. You'll experience three of New Orleans’ historical cemeteries and learn of the city's unique burial traditions.
Please note that this tour covers about one mile of the city, so comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- All guides are licensed by the City of New Orleans.
- Bring bottled water. Weather conditions can become increasingly hot in the summer months and drinking water is necessary to prevent dehydration.
- Check In begins 30 minutes prior to tour departure. Tour departs on time. Late arrivals will not be refunded.
- Children under 6 are free of charge.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to citywide shutdowns, there will be no bathroom or bar breaks. Please come prepared.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 is closed to the public and no access will be granted
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY Witches Brew Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by New Orleans Cemetery, Voodoo, & French Quarter Tour Or Cemetery Insiders Tour.