- Boat ride on Louisiana swamp and southern plantation tour from New Orleans
- Take a short coach ride across the mighty Mississippi River
- Travel a scenic private swamp and capture photos of wildlife such as alligators, raccoons and snakes
- Enjoy a guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Near the French Quarter Directions: The Gray Line 'Lighthouse' ticket office is located at Toulouse St and the Mississippi River (Steamboat Natchez Dock), just one block from Jackson Square in the French Quarter.
What To Expect
After your plantation tour, return north by coach to Lake Pontchartrain and Manchac Swamp, where you’ll board an open‐sided, covered boat – good for touring during any season! This privately‐owned swamp is a great venue for uninterrupted wildlife spotting. Glide along the water, viewing the lush greenery and with abundant local wildlife, including alligators, egrets, raccoons, snakes and giant nutria. Get great photos and gain insight about local history and wetland preservation from your passionate native guides.
This tour returns you by coach to the French Quarter.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point -- just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
- Wheelchair Access: If the guest needs a wheelchair lift equipped bus, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 250 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews