- Explore Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Amish country on a luxury coach
- Learn about the region from an informative local guide
- Ride a horse-drawn buggy in Amish country as you experience their simple way of life
- Overnight accommodation at a 3-star hotel included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointW 42nd St & Port Authority Terminal, W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
It’s a short drive to Philadelphia, where the first day of the tour features a drive along Benjamin Franklin Parkway and Elfreth Alley, America's oldest continuously inhabited residential street. Spend some time exploring the city’s historical attractions, like the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, the Constitution Center, City Hall, the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s famed “Rocky Steps” and more.
Continue east and move away from the hustle of city life to the quiet surroundings of Amish country in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. See how the Amish live and take a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. Browse handmade arts, crafts, and other products and experience the simpler life of the Amish people. In the late afternoon, depart east for an evening arrival in Washington DC and an overnight stay at a 3-star hotel.
On the second day of the tour, visit the Thomas Jefferson Memorial by the Tidal Basin and see the Changing of the Guard at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington County, Virginia, across the Potomac River from Washington. Your visit continues to Capitol Hill. See the Capitol, Senate, and White House to understand the core of the US government before visiting the Lincoln, Washington, Korea, and Vietnam Memorials.
The tour concludes with a return trip to New York City.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair transportation must be requested in advance
- Amish portion of the tour is subject to change due to seasons or inclement weather
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to security a passport or U.S. ID will be required to enter Arlington Cemetery
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Empire Vacations
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by 2-Day Washington DC, Philadelphia and Amish Country Tour from New York.
- "I would caution that there is a lot of walking involved so bring lots of water and wear comfortable shoes." See review
- "Like us, if you're checking out from NYC for 2 days, the convenience of being able to bring all your luggages on board the bus is a plus." See review
- "We stayed at the Wyndham hotel in Washington which has large rooms and an adequate breakfast included in price." See review