To limit the spread of the coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. The WHO is closely monitoring the coronavirus and more information can be found here.
4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Visit World Heritage–listed Hadrian’s Wall during a 3-hour walking tour of Arbeia and Segedunum (aka Wallsend), two of the Roman forts at the east end of the wall. Both settlements are excellent reconstructions, and with a guide on hand you’ll gain specialized insight. This tour is ideal for history buffs who want to learn more about the frontier of the Roman Empire, all within close proximity to urban Newcastle.
- 3-hour tour of Roman forts at Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- See the commanding officer's house and the Roman gatehouse at Arbeia
- Learn about Mesopotamian settlements at museums and historical reconstructions
- History buffs can travel back in time from Newcastle to the Roman Empire
Saved to wishlist!
Local Forts and museums
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointSegedunum Roman Fort & Museum, Buddle St, Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne NE28 6HR, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
We collect customers from central Newcastle for the Roman forts tours. Please contact us following booking to organise the collection and drop off for your tour.
- Port of Tyne
Return DetailsGreat North Road, B1318, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1, UK
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We require a contact Mobile/cell phone for all customers to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure we can inform you of changes to meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- Please contact us about any disabilities your group may have. We are able to customise tours for wheelchair and vision impairment
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to COVID-19 we ask all customers to maintain social distancing as per the United Kingdom Government guidelines
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iles Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Product code: 10078P17
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsCity ToursArchaeology ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingNewcastle-upon-TyneShore Excursions - North East EnglandCity Tours - North East EnglandArchaeology Tours - North East EnglandWalking Tours - North East EnglandPorts of Call Tours - North East EnglandHistorical Tours - North East EnglandHalf-day Tours - North East EnglandShore Excursions - MiddlesbroughCity Tours - MiddlesbroughArchaeology Tours - MiddlesbroughWalking Tours - MiddlesbroughPorts of Call Tours - MiddlesbroughHistorical Tours - MiddlesbroughHalf-day Tours - MiddlesbroughShore Excursions - YorkCity Tours - YorkArchaeology Tours - YorkWalking Tours - YorkPorts of Call Tours - YorkHistorical Tours - YorkHalf-day Tours - YorkCategory