1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
Make the most of your stay in Newcastle by prebooking entry to the city’s Castle. Save time by sorting your ticket in advance, and travel independently to the two remaining buildings: the 12th-century Castle Keep and neighboring 13th-century Black Gate gatehouse. Explore the passageways and exhibits to chart the history and inhabitants of what became the ‘New Castle,' and learn about its relationship with the city that took its name.
- Entry ticket to the Castle Keep and Black Gate gatehouse of Newcastle Castle
- Book admission in advance to save time and inconvenience on vacation
- Explore the passages and halls of the two medieval buildings independently
- Learn tales of castle’s kings, prisoners, and armies from the exhibits
Saved to wishlist!
Admission to Newcastle Castle for the day and time specified upon booking
Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The Castle consists of two buildings: the Castle Keep and Black Gate. While the Black Gate is fully accessible, the Castle Keep has many steep stairs and uneven surfaces.
- Dogs, with the exception of guide dogs, are not permitted entry. Buggies can be parked in the reception of the Castle Keep.
- The Castle Keep is a Scheduled Ancient Monument with several upper storeys which are not accessible to disabled visitors. However, there is an audio-video walk-through of the Castle Keep in the Gaol, the only fully accessible room in the Castle Keep. The Black Gate, however, has been fitted with ramps and an external lift. This allows access to the upper-levels of the building, including the shop. The building also has an adapted accessible toilet on its first floor.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Steep uneven stairs that you should be aware of.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Newcastle Castle
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip the Line: Newcastle Castle Admission Ticket?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Skip the Line: Newcastle Castle Admission Ticket?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Skip the Line: Newcastle Castle Admission Ticket?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Along with the Newcastle tunnel, this is a must see" See review
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesNewcastle-upon-TyneAttractions & Museums - North East EnglandAttractions & Museums - MiddlesbroughAttractions & Museums - EdinburghCategory