Explore our promoted experiences
- Quad bike ride at the Worimi Sand Dunes, near Port Stephens
- Ride through grasslands then take on sand dunes that are progressively more challenging
- Hear fascinating facts about Aboriginal culture and traditions
- Suitable for all levels of experience
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
Departure & Return
Check in for your tour 30 minutes prior to your tour time. We will provide you with a map to the quad bike location.
What To Expect
Receive a safety briefing and orientation to the 400cc quad bike, then ride from bush to beach. Take in panoramic views of the coast and towering dunes as your experienced guide leads you on an exhilarating tour.
To reach the dunes, ride along maintained tracks that lead through coastal grassland and scrub. Your guide then takes you through the dunes, cruising up and down over more and more challenging sand dunes. The large sand dunes can be from 40-100 feet (12-30 meters) high.
During the tour, your guide shares interesting commentary about the Aboriginal and European history of the region, and about local bush medicines and foods. Your tour ends with return to the starting point at the culture center.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Clients with head wear (turbans) are required to wear a helmet for safety on tour
- Most travelers can participate
- Unfortunately we are no longer operating tours for children riding their own bike under the age of 16
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sand Dune Adventures
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms