5 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Immerse in the ancient traditions of the Yolngu Homelands in the Far North on this cultural immersion tour, with four days and three nights living among Earth’s oldest civilization. Eat Yolgnu food; learn the basics of law, culture, and kinship; and try your hands at activities such as weaving, painting, spear fishing, gathering bush tucker, making jewelry, or playing the didgeridoo. Pickup is from Darwin and drop-off at Gove airport.
- Spend four days and three nights living with and learning from Yolngu people
- Try the traditional skills your gender would practice in the community
- Get access to areas of Arnhem Land tourists can only visit with a permit
- For ease, tour collects you from Darwin and drops you at a regional airport
Saved to wishlist!
Airport or hotel pick up and drop-off
Coffee and/or Tea
3 nights homeland accommodation (shared hard structure or tent)
1 night motel accommodation (single use at extra cost)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If you arrive in Nhulunbuy the day before the tour date (due to flight schedules) we will still pick you up at the airport and transfer you to your accommodation.
If you arrive at Gove airport (Nhulunbuy) on the day of the tour, we will collect you from the airport and then commence the tour.
- Nhulunbuy Airport, Gove, Northern Territory Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Infants welcome however you will need to provide a booster seat
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Lirrwi Tourism
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Crossing Country 5 Day Yolngu Homeland Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Crossing Country 5 Day Yolngu Homeland Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Crossing Country 5 Day Yolngu Homeland Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsMulti-day ToursExtremeHistorical ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingNorthern Territory4WD Tours - DarwinSporting Events - DarwinMulti-day Tours - DarwinExtreme - DarwinHistorical Tours - Darwin4WD Tours - UluruSporting Events - UluruMulti-day Tours - UluruExtreme - UluruHistorical Tours - Uluru4WD Tours - Western AustraliaSporting Events - Western AustraliaMulti-day Tours - Western AustraliaExtreme - Western AustraliaHistorical Tours - Western AustraliaCategory
Warradjan Cultural Centre Tours & TicketsMt. Gillen Tours & TicketsKangaroo Sanctuary Tours & TicketsCrocosaurus Cove Tours & TicketsDarwin Waterfront Precint Tours & TicketsArnhem Land Tours & TicketsRoyal Flying Doctor Service Alice Springs Tourist Facility (RFDS Museum) Tours & TicketsCullen Bay Tours & TicketsWatarrka National Park Tours & TicketsKings Canyon Tours & TicketsTiwi Islands Tours & TicketsOrmiston Gorge Tours & TicketsEast Point Reserve Tours & TicketsQantas Hangar Tours & TicketsEdith Falls (Leliyn) Tours & TicketsOlive Pink Botanic Garden Tours & TicketsAlice Springs Reptile Centre Tours & TicketsHermannsburg (Ntaria) Tours & TicketsTnorala/Gosse Bluff Conservation Reserve Tours & TicketsSimpsons Gap Tours & Tickets