- Nuremberg tour with personalized attention from a private guide
- Learn about the city’s past from a history-loving local guide
- Take in top Nuremberg attractions like Albrecht Dürer's House and St. Sebaldus Church
- Explore Nuremberg’s Nazi party rally grounds and hear little-known details about the Third Reich
- Choose from multiple durations to suit your schedule
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Tour can begin at hotel, train station or other central location.
What To Expect
Behind the walls, walk past the Craftsmen's Courtyard, where glass cutters, leather workers, gold and silversmiths, stained-glass painters and other artisans offer their wares for sale. See the gothic St. Lawrence Church, which was rebuilt after World War II; Nürnberger Christkindlesmarkt, Germany’s most famous Christmas market; plus Town Hall, German Renaissance artist Albrecht Dürer's house, and the Imperial Castle courtyards, to name just some of the attractions.
Along the way, learn about the history of this beautiful and prosperous city—as the center of the Holy Roman Empire, to the days of the German Renaissance, the Temple City of the Third Reich, and the home to both the Nazi rallies and Nuremberg Trials.
See where German Emperors were crowned and where saints are buried. Find where the most famous and talented German artisans in history created their awe-inspiring works and where the colorful and lively markets have taken place for almost 700 years.
After a lunch break (own expense and depending on the length of tour chosen), head out to see the Nazi party rally grounds. Discover the Great Street, designed by architect Albert Speer to be the central axis of the rally grounds, and the half-finished Congress Hall of the Nazi Party, a building Hitler planned to use for party meetings. There’s also the largest Third Reich buildings, where Hitler inspected members of the SS, and the Documentation Center, a museum with exhibits on vital wartime and post-war events, like the Nuremberg Trials.
This private tour is a customized experience, so be sure to include any specific requests and desired attractions to the guide at any time.
The tour concludes with a hotel drop-off in central Nuremberg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The tour can be tailored to your wishes. Please list any special interests in the 'special requirements' field on booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nuremberg City of Empires Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Nuremberg Private Walking Tour with Medieval Old Town and Nazi Rally Grounds.