- 5-hour photography tour of Oahu at sunrise or sunset
- Visit off-the-beaten-path locations, and capture the morning or evening light
- Receive expert photography tips from a professional instructor-guide
- Includes tripod and round-trip hotel transport from Waikiki
- Small-group tour limited to seven ensures an intimate experience
- Great way to start or end your day in Hawaii!
- Learn Hawaiian history, culture and the unique geology of the island.
Departure & Return
Park for free at Ala Moana Shopping Center
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
On this sunrise tour, depart from the hotel an hour before daylight, then drive to a spectacular beach for a breathtaking view of the sun at dawn as it appears on the horizon with splashing waves and tide pools. O
Join the professional photographer tour guide who will, throughout the 5-hour workshop, point out the specific details of photography that are oftentimes not seen by the untrained eye. Learn how to use light, and discover what framing, shutter speed, focal points and other important topics mean to composing a great image. Then explore the best places — and find the best angles — in which to take pictures on this breathtaking island. It’s the best of both worlds: elite instruction with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world for a postcard-perfect sunrise.
Along the way, learn about Hawaii’s history, its wildlife and the geography from the naturalist guide who is not only an expert in photography, but also a Hawaii insider with an in-depth knowledge of the island of Oahu.
This photography tour is suitable for all skill levels — from beginners to advanced shooters, using everything from smartphones to high-end DSLR cameras.
At the end of the tour, walk away with some incredible sunrise images, an abundance of professional photography tips that will last a lifetime and an appreciation of Oahu’s rich history and culture.
This photography tour ends with a hotel drop-off in Waikiki.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed walking shoes and bring hat and sunscreen
- Participants are required to bring their own cameras
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- OPERATED BY Blue Hawaii Photo Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands