Explore our promoted experiences
- Private walking tour of Oxford
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary and tailor your sightseeing around your interests
- Learn about Oxford’s history, university, and architecture
- Visit university colleges such as Christ Church to see their quadrangles, chapels, and gardens
- Admire the Bodleian Library, and explore cobbled squares, churches, and more
- Undivided attention from a private guide
- Entrance fees not included
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Central Oxford Address: (Opposite "Fudge Kitchen") 5 Broad Street Oxford OX1 3AJ Dates: Daily
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Let your guide know if there’s something you want to see more of. Your tour is private, so your itinerary can be tailored around your preferences or any themes of particular interest. You may, for instance, want to visit some of the colleges used in the filming of the Harry Potter movies. If so, your guide will discuss your options and do everything possible to arrange this for you.
Whatever you choose to see, your guide will have an in-depth knowledge of the city, and will offer interesting background and stories on the sights in a way that’s both illuminating and enjoyable.
Perhaps visit the world-famous Bodleian Library, Oxford University’s principal library, and one of Europe’s oldest. Admire the magnificent buildings of the library, first opened in 1602, and learn how it houses 12 million printed items.
Maybe explore some of the university’s colleges to see their quadrangles, chapels, and gardens, and learn about their distinguished former students, such as Lewis Carroll and C.S. Lewis.
Alternatively, visit Oxford Castle for stunning views from St. George’s Tower and to discover its 900-year-old underground crypt. Or, see the Sheldonian Theatre, Sir Christopher Wren’s architectural masterpiece dating from 1668. Other places of interest might include Oxford’s museums, the City Walls, and the Hertford Bridge, known as the 'Bridge of Sighs' for its similarities to its Venetian counterpart.
After two hours, your walking tour ends when your guide bids you goodbye in the city center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Footprints Tours Limited
Learn more about cancellations.