- Small-group open-air Jeep tour to the San Andreas Fault, from Palm Desert
- Walk around a desert oasis fed by underground water sources
- Hear about geology and California's earthquakes
- Learn about the Native American Cahuilla tribe and early pioneer settlers
- Travel with an expert naturalist guide
- Small-group tour ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Meet your Jeep and Guide in the dirt parking lot. NOTE: Once you turn onto the dirt road, you will only go about 100 feet before you turn left into a big dirt parking lot. If you get to the horse corals, you've gone too far. Please turn around and go back to the parking lot.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your guide explains the ecology of this desert environment and takes you to see an underground creek that has been forced up to the surface by the fault lines, creating a green oasis that supports a range of plant and animal life.
Then go to a recreated Native American site that illustrates how the native Cahuilla people managed to live in this harsh climate. See homes, a sweat lodge, and artifacts, and hear details about the survival skills needed for living in the desert.
Next up, get a close look at the San Andreas fault on an easy walk into a slot canyon. Your guide shows you arreas of the rock that reveal the region's unique geology and discusses the impact of the collision of the Pacific and North American plates.
At the end of your tour, your guide returns you to the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 guests per booking is required
- Closed-toe shoes, a hat and sunscreen are strongly advised
- As desert temperatures may vary, dressing in layers would be advised
- Please call the reservation's desk a day or two before your tour to confirm your pickup time and location. Failure to call, however, will NOT result in cancellation of the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Guests with neck or back problems or pregnant women in their 2nd or 3rd trimester should consult with their doctor before taking a Jeep Tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Desert Adventures - Palm Springs
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms