4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
With their costumes, music, and parades, Day of the Dead celebrations are some of the most iconic in Latin America. Take part in the cultural tradition of giant kites on this Day of the Dead festival tour from Sumpango, which shares with you the history of the holiday and teaches you about the kite making ritual. This tour presents a rare opportunity to learn directly from a local guide about a unique regional custom.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Seasonal Offer
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Saved to wishlist!
Cultural experience tour
Transport by minivan (if option selected)
Food and drinks
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Los Elementos Adventure Center & Day Spa
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Day of the Dead Giant Kite Festival Cultural Experience?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Day of the Dead Giant Kite Festival Cultural Experience?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Day of the Dead Giant Kite Festival Cultural Experience?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Day of the Dead Giant Kite Festival Cultural Experience
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesPanajachelUnique Experiences - Western HighlandsBus Tours - Western HighlandsHistorical Tours - Western HighlandsHalf-day Tours - Western HighlandsUnique Experiences - San Pedro La LagunaBus Tours - San Pedro La LagunaHistorical Tours - San Pedro La LagunaHalf-day Tours - San Pedro La LagunaUnique Experiences - AntiguaBus Tours - AntiguaHistorical Tours - AntiguaHalf-day Tours - AntiguaCategory