3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Parmigiano Reggiano is one of Parma’s most famous gourmet specialties, but most enthusiasts don’t know how this prestigious cheese is produced. With this tour, enjoy an inside look at parmigiano from fresh milk to aged wheel. Learn about the history and stages of production from your guide, and cap off your visit by tasting three different aged Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses paired with local red wine and other area delicacies.
- A behind-the-scenes look at how authentic Parmigiano Reggiano is made
- An in-depth explanation of each stage of production from your guide
- Visit the “casello” cooking room, brining room, and aging room
- Sample parmigiano of varying ages to taste the differences
Saved to wishlist!
Pick-up and drop off in Parma
Professional Driving Guide
Visit to a cheese factory
Parmigiano Reggiano and wine tasting
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pickup and Dropoff are included, so please specify your Accommodation's details at the time of
booking. If your Hotel is not listed just write the name and address.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY myTour in Italy
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Factory Small group Tour From Parma?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Factory Small group Tour From Parma?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Factory Small group Tour From Parma?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Factory Small group Tour From Parma?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 5919P414
Compare Similar Experiences
Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Factory Small group Tour From Parma
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursWine TastingsHalf-day ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingParmaFood Tours - Emilia-RomagnaBus Tours - Emilia-RomagnaWine Tastings - Emilia-RomagnaHalf-day Tours - Emilia-RomagnaFood Tours - ModenaBus Tours - ModenaWine Tastings - ModenaHalf-day Tours - ModenaFood Tours - VeronaBus Tours - VeronaWine Tastings - VeronaHalf-day Tours - VeronaCategory