- 3-hour Little Petra safari by 4x4 from Petra
- Ride a 4x4 around Little Petra, once a trading outpost of ancient Petra
- Pass through the canyon entrance to view rock-cut buildings
- See caves once used for dining, including one adorned with frescoes
- Explore a Nabataean cistern, Neolithic-era remains, and ruined Crusader fort
- See the sun set over Little Petra over tea and snacks
- Round-trip 4x4 transport and hotel or camp pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
After soaking in magnificent panoramas over the main Petra site from a viewpoint, drive on to Al Wu'ayra, a crumbled Crusader fort built by King Baldwin I during the 1100s.
Then, pass through a Bedouin village as you continue into Little Petra, an age-old valley and area dotted with rock-cut buildings hewn by the ancient Nabataeans.
Head off-road to see a Neolithic village dating from between 7,200 and 6,500 BC; one of the world’s oldest discovered settlements. Then, continue to Beir Al-Aris, a well-preserved Nabataean cistern. Composed of rock chambers and staircases, the cistern served as a well and is still used by locals for irrigation.
Next, head through the Siq Al-Barid, the narrow canyon that opens to many of Little Petra’s monuments. See the carved porticos and caves used as caravan stations and dining spots by long-ago traders, and view the 1st-century ceiling frescoes in one of the caverns.
Finally, visit a vantage point to experience awe-inspiring sunset views over Little Petra, admiring the scenery over a campfire-brewed tea and snacks. Your trip then finishes back at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Casual attire with comfortable walking shoes
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Jordan Inspiration Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.