5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Tibetan refugee community has lived in Pokhara since 1959, an important part of Nepal’s multicultural population. Escape the tourist track and discover three different Tibetan settlements on this informative guided excursion. At each camp, you’ll get a firsthand peek at monasteries, monk schools, and handicraft workshops as you learn about the history and culture of the Tibetan diaspora. The tour includes an authentic Tibetan lunch at a local restaurant.
- An insider’s tour of three Tibetan refugee settlements
- Visit monasteries and get a peek at one-of-a-kind handicraft workshops
- Enjoy a savory Tibetan lunch at an authentic local restaurant
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private car
English-speaking tour guide
Lunch: Tibetan meal (MoMo or Thukpa or Chowmen)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Entrance fees (Approx. NPR 200 per person)
Departure & Return
Departure PointYour hotel in the Lakeside area of Pokhara
Return DetailsTour ends with drop-off at your hotel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Maximum of 3 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nepal Mountain Club Pvt Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Half-Day Tibetan Refugee Camp Tour in Pokhara
2 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPokharaBus Tours - KathmanduHistorical Tours - KathmanduHalf-day Tours - KathmanduBus Tours - VaranasiHistorical Tours - VaranasiHalf-day Tours - VaranasiBus Tours - ParoHistorical Tours - ParoHalf-day Tours - ParoCategory