6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Maximise your time in port in Dunedin with this shore excursion and take in the highlights of the Otago Peninsula. See city sights including The Octagon, Dunedin Harbor, Baldwin Street, and Larnach Castle (which for an added fee, you may enter the castle and learn the interesting history of this stately home). Port pickup and drop-off included.
- Shore excursion from Dunedin
- Admire Dunedin landmarks such as The Octagon and Dunedin Harbor
- Tour includes pickup and drop-off from Dunedin cruise port
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan.
Experienced, local driver/guide.
Port pickup and drop-off.
Entry to Larnach Castle
Lunch is not included, but a table is reserved if you wish to eat at Larnach Castle.
The cost of any additional option entry fees.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
On disembarking your ship please enter the Visitor Terminal on the wharf. Your guide will be waiting in the 'Private Tours' meeting area, holding a Shore Trips and Tours sign.
- Port Otago, 15 Beach Street, Port Chalmers, Dunedin 9023, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- On rare occasions we may be required to substitute a different vehicle onto this tour which has 22 seats.
- Please note that the order of the tour may vary depending on the weather conditions, ships arrival times and traffic issues.
- This tour is unsuitable for wheelchair users (electric or folding mobility scooters) as the vehicle has no luggage space. Collapsible walkers are ok.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Please purchase a ticket for all travelers in your group - including 'purchasing' a ticket for all infants. NZ transport law requires us to count all heads on board. One child or infant max per adult ticket.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a Pre Booked Tour Only!
- NO sales on the day of the Tour!
- This tour is for passengers arriving on a cruise ship into the Port of Dunedin
- 9.30am is the regular tour start time. This may be adjusted for early/late arriving ships. We will advise any time change at time of booking.
- Please ensure you provide a contact phone number and/or email address that you will have with you and/or checking whilst on holiday so any last minute tour time changes can be notified
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Shore Trips and Tours
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Shore Excursion: Dunedin Highlights with Larnach Castle?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Shore Excursion: Dunedin Highlights with Larnach Castle?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Shore Excursion: Dunedin Highlights with Larnach Castle?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I recommend this tour for everybody seeing Dunedin in one day.. steepest st in the world, the rail station, otago university, lanarch castle and overlooking the dole Dunedin" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Shore Excursion: Dunedin Highlights with Larnach Castle
7 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPort ChalmersShore Excursions - South IslandBus Tours - South IslandPorts of Call Tours - South IslandHistorical Tours - South IslandHalf-day Tours - South IslandCategory