- Discover the beautiful city of Dresden on a full-day trip from Prague
- See top attractions, such as the Royal Palace, the Church of the Virgin Mary and the Blue Wonder Bridge
- Visit the famous Zwinger gallery and see its historical artworks
- Admire paintings by Raphael (Sistine Madonna), Titian, Canaletto, Lucas Cranach and many others.
Departure & Return
The tour starts from the Gray Line stand in city center at 9:00.You will be welcomed by your driver and guide.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you travel, hear about the history of Dresden from your expert guide. Sitting on the Elbe River and the capital of Germany’s state of Saxony, the city is known as the ‘Florence of the Elbe’ for the glorious rococo and baroque architecture of its center.
On arrival in the late morning, head for the splendid Zwinger Palace, a former royal residence that’s home to a world-famous art collection. Visit the Old Masters Gallery and view the masterpieces such as the Sistine Madonna by Raphael, works by Titian and Canaletto, and paintings by 17th-century Dutch and Flemish masters including Rembrandt and Rubens.
Next, head through the Dresden Castle complex and visit the iconic Church of the Virgin Mary (Frauenkirche), crowned by one of Europe’s largest domes. Admire the baroque masterpiece as you learn how it was rebuilt after its destruction during WWII.
After your guided tour, enjoy free time for lunch (own expense). Perhaps eat at any of the pubs and restaurants along the pedestrianized area of Weisse Gasse, before enjoying more free time to sightsee or shop on your own.
If you wish, admire the grandiose Semper Opera House, where premieres of works by Richard Wagner were held in the 1800s; or stroll along the Elbe to see the Blue Wonder, a steel bridge declared a miracle of engineering on its completion in 1893.
Finally, travel back to Prague, where your tour ends at the starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport or ID for EU citizens is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Reservation may be cancelled or rescheduled if the minimum group size (4) is not met.
- Most travelers can participate
- Shared tour (transfer) is provided in a small group in compliance with all hygienic regulations on health protection such as disinfection of cars before each trip, observance of distances during the trip and in the places visited, disinfectants for use by clients.
- Clients must have covered noses and mouths (facemask or scarf) and have gloves (they can be needed in some cases).
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Czech Republic
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Dresden Day Trip from Prague.