- Explore Prague Jewish ghettos on a narrated walking tour
- Retrace the lives and stories of the Czech Jewish community with your private guide
- See Prague's historical synagogues and visit the Jewish Museum
- Discover an exhibition dedicated to the famous author, Kafka, in the Old Town Square
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Central Prague Address: Náměstí Republiky 3 110 00 Prague 1 Directions: Meet your guide in The Yellow Kiosk, Republic Square, opposite the Municipal House (near Powder Gate)
What To Expect
As you walk, listen to fascinating nuggets about the district, whose origins date back more than 1,000 years. Hear about the many sites that stand witness to the its rich past and that make it one of Europe’s major centers of Jewish life.
Take a stroll through the Old Jewish Cemetery, a graveyard used between the 1400s and 1700s, and home to around 12,000 visible tombs. Hear how many thousands of burial places are believed to lie under these graves, and about the some of the famous figures buried here, including the 15th-century poet and scholar Avigdor Karo.
In-between walking and talking, visit some of the area’s six synagogues to uncover their history. Walk down Maiselova Street, one of the two main thoroughfares of the area, and lined with handsome 19th century townhouses.
Here, head inside the Jewish Museum to view its fascinating collections of maps, artifacts and documents that chart the history of Jewish people in the Czech lands.
Stop at the birthplace of Franz Kafka, Prague’s famous literary son, and view a small exhibition on his works and tragically short life.
Lastly, spill out into the Old Town Square, and end your tour at the original starting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cedok
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- "Ask your guide about the golem if he/she does not offer." See review