- World War II walking tour in Prague
- View landmarks linked to the Nazi occupation of Prague from 1939 to 1945
- Visit squares and streets that saw parades, battles, and barricades
- See where the Czech resistance hid and places associated with the 1945 Prague Uprising
- Learn about and visit a memorial connected to the 1942 assassination of the ‘Butcher of Prague’
- Hear stories of home-grown heroes and daily life under the Nazis
- Small-group tour of 15 or fewer
Departure & Return
The tour begins in front of the building Tynska 7, Prague 1 From the Old Town Square walk toward Tyn Cathedral. With Tyn Cathedral in front of you, take the street Tynska which runs between the Cathedral and Kinsky Palace. Behind Tyn Cathedral you will see wooden door of the house No. 7.
What To Expect
Czechoslovakia was pivotal to the war and Nazi Germany’s strategic aims. As you walk and talk, see sites and buildings associated with the 1939-1945 occupation, learning how and why it happened and about daily life under Nazi control.
Pause at squares that presided over parades and protests, and see where Czech resistance fighters hid and plotted against the occupiers. Hear about the brave individuals who risked their lives to help Prague’s vulnerable, and learn about a key event: the assassination of Nazi security head, Reinhard Heydrich, in 1942.
Discover how paratroopers were flown in to kill the ‘Butcher of Prague,’ and the details of the daring assignment, codenamed ‘Operation Anthropoid.’
Plus, follow in the footsteps of the freedom fighters of the 1945 Prague Uprising: learning about the barricades and subterfuge that helped bring the occupation to an end.
Visit St. Cyril and Methodius Church, a place that hangs heavy with the Nazi response to Heydrich’s assassination. See the exhibitions and photos on display.
Your tour concludes in central Prague.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour includes historical facts connected to World War 2 so it is not recommended for small children
- Children up to 6 years of age are free of charge
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY McGee's Entertainment, s.r.o.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands