13 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand, Milford Sound offers a sweeping landscape of jagged snow-capped mountains, shimmering fjords and lakes, towering waterfalls and emerald greenery. Travel with a small group by coach from Queenstown to Fiordland National Park to explore this lush wilderness, including a boat cruise on the Milford Sound. You also see The Remarkables mountain range, Lake Wakatipu—New Zealand's longest lake, and Lake Te Anau—the South Island’s the largest lake.
- Full-day small-group tour to Milford Sound with sightseeing cruise, from Queenstown
- Snap photos and take optional walks during scenic stops along the route
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch on board the boat
- A small group ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Overland travel means discovering scenery at a slower pace with photo stops, bush walks.
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick-up from select Queenstown based accommodations
2-Hour nature cruise on Milford Sound
Knowledgable and friendly local driver/guides
Off-the-beaten track scenic photo stops en route
WiFi on board
Additional Snacks (we provide lunch, but it is a long day)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Additional Pick ups:
- Fernhill Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)
- Arthurs Point Hotel (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)
- Rydges Bus Stop, Lake Esplanade (For Rydges Resort, QT Queenstown, and Peppers Beacon)
- Queenstown Hotels (Please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time)
- Central Queenstown (Please meet the us outside Base Backpackers, 49 Shotover Street)
- Amber Lodge, 1 Gorge Rd (For Gorge Rd, Henry St, and Turner St accomodations)
- Cnr Cemetery Rd & Brecon St (For Lakeview Holiday Park, The Dairy, Browns Boutique)
- Upper Stanley Street Bus Stop, Stanley St (For Heartland Hotel, Blue Peaks, Caples Court, Four Seasons and Scenic suites)
- Millennium Hotel Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Millennium Hotel, Melbourne Lodge, Hurley's, Autoline Motel)
- Pounamu Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Swiss Belsuites, Colonial Village, Villa del Lago, Oaks Club)
- Hensman Rd / Oaks Shores Bus Stop (For The Rees, Oaks Shores, Andrews Rd, and Hensman Rd)
- Sherwood Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Sherwood, Holiday Inn, Goldfield Heights)
- Battery Hill Bus Stop, Frankton Rd
- Perkins Rd Bus Stop, Frankton Rd
- Marina Drive Bus Stop, Frankton Rd (For Mantra Marina)
- Frankton Bus Shelter, Cnr of Gray Street & Kawarau Rd
If your accommodation is not listed, please contact us with your accommodation information to confirm pick up location and time
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Please be aware that this is a full day excursion (up to 13 hours) due to road distances.
- Minimum numbers of 6 apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A picnic lunch is included and you have a choice between chicken, beef and vegetarian and you have until 6pm the day prior to confirm your choice. The default lunch selection is chicken.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Altitude Tours Milford Sound Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Milford Sound Experience Full Day from Queenstown?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Milford Sound Experience Full Day from Queenstown?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "While a long day this is an iconic New Zealand outing that should not be missed, pack a snack for the way home," See review
- "Don't let dietary restrictions stop you from considering this tour.All in all, after taking this tour with Rob as our guide I wouldn't even imagine recommending any other tour to anyone visiting the area and wanting to see Milford." See review
- "Milford Sound is a must-see, but be prepared for 80% of your day to be consumed by driving." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Milford Sound Experience Full Day from Queenstown
12 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 50 minutes
12 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursDining ExperiencesNature and WildlifeLunch CruisesWater ToursDay CruisesWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingQueenstownBus Tours - South IslandDining Experiences - South IslandNature and Wildlife - South IslandLunch Cruises - South IslandWater Tours - South IslandDay Cruises - South IslandWalking Tours - South IslandFull-day Tours - South IslandBus Tours - WanakaDining Experiences - WanakaNature and Wildlife - WanakaLunch Cruises - WanakaWater Tours - WanakaDay Cruises - WanakaWalking Tours - WanakaFull-day Tours - WanakaBus Tours - AkaroaDining Experiences - AkaroaNature and Wildlife - AkaroaLunch Cruises - AkaroaWater Tours - AkaroaDay Cruises - AkaroaWalking Tours - AkaroaFull-day Tours - AkaroaCategory
Underwater Observatory Tours & TicketsJack’s Point Golf Course Tours & TicketsSkippers Canyon Tours & TicketsKawarau Suspension Bridge Tours & TicketsQueenstown Arts and Crafts Market Tours & TicketsHollyford Track Tours & TicketsNevis Swing Tours & TicketsOdyssey Sensory Maze Queenstown Tours & TicketsKiwi Birdlife Park Tours & TicketsCoronet Peak Tours & TicketsQueenstown Hill Tours & Tickets