- Day trip to Vatnajökull National Park from Reykjavik
- Experience the beauty of one of Iceland’s largest glaciers
- Visit Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, a majestic site with picturesque views
- Hear stories and facts about the region's unique characteristics
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please note that we only serve the pick-up locations specified in our pick-up list below. Due to traffic restrictions, we are not allowed to pick up from hotels in the city center nor from private Air BnBs. If your pick-up location is not on our pick-up list then we kindly ask you to find the closest pick-up point to your accommodation from our list:
22 Hill Hótel – Brautarholt 22-24.
Arctic Comfort Hótel – Síðumúli 19.
BSÍ Bus Terminal – Vatnsmýrarvegi 10.
Bus Hostel Reykjavík – Skógarhlíð 10.
Bus pick up/drop off nr.1 – City Hall, Vonarstræti
Bus pick up/drop off nr.2 – Tjörnin (The Pond)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.3 – Lækjargata (outside Hard Rock Café)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.4 – Miðbakki
Bus pick up/drop off nr.5 – Harpa Music Hall
Bus pick up/drop off nr.6 – Safnahúsið (The Culture House)
Bus pick up/drop off nr.8 – Hallgrímskirkja Church
Bus pick up/drop off nr.9 – Snorrabraut
Bus pick up/drop off nr.10 – Hlemmur on Laugavegur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.12 – Höfðatorg
Bus pick up/drop off nr.13 - Rauðarárstígur
Bus pick up/drop off nr.14 – Skúlagata
Oddsson Hotel - Grensásvegur 16a.
Cabin Hótel – Borgartún 32.
Capital Inn – Suðurhlíð 35d.
Eyja Guldsmen Hotel – Brautarholt 10.
Grand Hótel Reykjavík – Sigtún 38.
Grayline – Main bus terminal - Klettagarðar 4.
Hilton Reykjavík Nordica – Suðurlandsbraut 2.
Hótel Ísland – Ármúla 9.
Hotel Ørkin – Brautarholti 29.
Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura – við Hlíðarfót, Nauthólsvegur 52.
Kex Hostel – Skúlagata 28.
Klettur Hótel – Mjölnisholt 12-14.
N1 Gas Station – Ártúnshöfði
Radisson Blu Hótel Saga – við Hagatorg.
Reykjavík City Hostel – Sundlaugavegur 34.
Reykjavík Lights Hotel – Suðurlandsbraut 12.
Skarfabakki – Cruise Ship, Reykjavik Harbor, 105 Reykjavik
What To Expect
Start your day in the morning with pickup from your hotel in Reykjavík, continuing by comfortable coach through the incredible landscape of southern Iceland toward Vatnajökull National Park. On your way, stop to see Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls.
Next up is lunch (own expense) in the town of Vik before moving on to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
Proceed next to Jökulsárlón Lagoon, one of the country’s top attractions. See the giant icebergs that have recently broken free of the glacier Breiðamerkurjökull, situated just behind the lagoon.
Afterward, head back to Reykjavík, arriving at your hotel in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Items recommended to bring: warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, head wear, gloves, packed lunch and good shoes
- This is a small group experience with a maximum of 20 participants
- Pick up is offered from authorized Reykjavik pick up points
- Please note that during winter season (16th October - 14th May) we will skip Skógafoss waterfall & Skaftafell National Park due to the limited daylight.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Small Group South Coast, Glacier Lagoon and Diamond Beach Adventure from Reykjavik.