To limit the spread of the coronavirus, attractions may be closed or have partial closures. Please consult government travel advisories before booking. The WHO is closely monitoring the coronavirus and more information can be found here.
11 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
The Kötlujökull glacier lies in the frozen ice fields of Iceland, with rugged terrain making access difficult. On this full-day tour, spin through the icy countryside by powerful 4x4 vehicle and visit the beautiful Dragon Glass Katla ice cave. With your guide to lead the way and round-trip travel from Reykjavik included, explore the cave and take in the mighty Skogafoss waterfall—considered among southern Iceland’s top natural attractions.
- Travel by powerful 4x4 Jeep and reach the Dragon Glass Katla ice cave in comfort
- Explore with your guide and learn of Iceland’s rich geology
- Uninterrupted views over the Dragon Glass Katla ice cave and Skogafoss waterfall
- Hassle-free round-trip travel from Reykjavik
Saved to wishlist!
Reykjavik pick up & drop off
Scenic Super Jeep ride
Visit to a natural Ice Cave
Free wi-fi on board
Food & drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up is offered from selected Reykjavik pick up points.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to bring: Warm clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, packed lunch, hiking boots, head-wear and gloves.
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age: 6 years old.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Dragon Glass Katla Ice Cave Tour From Reykjavik?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Dragon Glass Katla Ice Cave Tour From Reykjavik?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Dragon Glass Katla Ice Cave Tour From Reykjavik?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 5590P84
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsExtremeSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesReykjavik4WD Tours - VikSporting Events - VikExtreme - Vik4WD Tours - SkaftafellSporting Events - SkaftafellExtreme - Skaftafell4WD Tours - AkureyriSporting Events - AkureyriExtreme - AkureyriCategory
Volcano HouseÁrbaer Open Air Museum (Árbaejarsafn)Faxaflói BayHallgrim's Church (Hallgrímskirkja)Skaftafell National ParkHafnarfjordurThrihnukagigur VolcanoReykjanes PeninsulaSecret Lagoon (Gamla Laugin)Hofdi HouseSkógafossVidey IslandThingvellir National ParkSilfra FissureMt. EsjaHveragerdiReykjadalur Hot Spring Thermal RiverNational Gallery of IcelandViking WorldLangjökull